Saturday, September 29, 2007

Well, it was a nice Saturday. Guess what, I am almost done with little Sean's quilt. I am determined to finish whip stitching the binding before Monday morning so that I can show Mother and then take it over to the little munchkin himself. It is a very cheerful quilt and I am backing both this one and the one for Becky's bagy with flannel so they are nice and cuddly for the little people.

Jim and Michelle and I went to the pumpkin farm today. We went to a place south on Hwy 57 where Jim and Michelle had gone to one cold winter morning when the car died on their way to work and Jim, in below zero weather at something like 5:30AM had run over to this house and they let him stay until help came. Jim and Michelle had told them that they would be back when the pumpkin farm opened and so they did. I bought a nice big pumpkin for the front and two others that are cooking pumpkins. Next weekend I will bake and cook one of them. The other cooking pumpkin is a green Australian strain. It can be indoor or cooked, so I will put it out on the porch too. I intend to carve them the week before Halloween, otherwise they will spoil before it even gets here.

I made a pear Waldorf Salad today. Boy is that good. I used some diced pears that I had cooked in a sugar vanilla water to soften and added chopped celery and walnuts. Then I added mayonnaise to the works . We had leftover teriaki steak and fried rice to go with it.

When Bret was just a baby he got asthma. That was really scary. For the first 10 years of his life, every time he got any congestion it turned into asthma and if not arrested soon enough he ended up with broncpheumonia. One day, when he was about 11 years old, he came to me with the most worried look on his face. He said "Mom, I think you should take me to the doctor." I asked him what was wrong and he said. "I can't breath through my nose." All I could do was laugh. I explained to him that for the first time in his life, the congestion that was building up in his body was coming out instead of running down the back of his throat and pooling in his lungs. Isn't that something to have your first plugged up or runny nose when you are 11 or 12 years old.

Have a nice Sunday

Mary

No comments: