Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Another productive day. Dick and I went to Aurora to talk the June in the Diabetes department. She reviewed our status and progress. We have another meeting. Meeting Seven on October 7. I will have to miss Bible Study that morning but Dick's health is more important.

It was kind of rainy and kind of warm today. Not really very much either actually.

I put the final border on the baby quilts this morning. This afternoon I got my hair cut and went to the Sewing Basket to pick up a new blade for my rotary cutter.

We had teryaki steak, fried rice and steamed broccoli for supper. I marinated venison steaks in soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar and ginger. Boy is it ever good. Dick says he likes venison that way. I have found several ways to prepare it that he likes. Good thing because we get some every year and it is very healthy and good for us.

I was watching something with people in pools and it reminded me of Bart when he was little. For a while he was afraid of pools. Then we started going to a public pool during the summers. They had a false floor in the shallow end of the pool which made it only about 18 inches deep. It took a while to convince him to get in at all but when he did and realized how shallow it was, he looked at me in total joy and said. "They put in a floor, just for me."

In time he became a regular fish in the water, as was Bret. Eventually, they would want to jump off of the high dive into the deep pool. I always made them prove to me that they could swim the whole length of the long pool without going to the side to rest before I let them try that. Then I would tell them to go and ask the life guard if it was OK that they do it. I figured that the life guard would watch them really close, at least the first time, and if they got scared or in trouble he would be ready to help.

Guess that's all for today. Bobbie and Bill are home safe and sound and Bobbie said that they had a good time.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

Love

Mary

No comments: