Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I guess because I am making baby quilts I am thinking about babies and my children when they were growing up.

For some reason, today I remembered how fragile children, even the most loved, are about their car. I remembered that when Bret was just little, perhaps three, there was a commercial on TV about a germ that acted much like "pong". It made noised like they used in Psycho and bounced all over the screen. This germ was active. Bret used to come running to me and I had to hold him and reassure him that there was nothing to be afraid of.

Then Bart came along and there was a commercial that said "Do you know where your children are?. Bart would come running to me and I would have to sit with him and hold him and reassure him that I, indeed, did know where he was.

Aren't little people funny?

Today was full but gentle. We went grocery shopping, breakfast and the bank this morning. For the first time we could turn in our Pig Points. I got $1.00 off on 11 gallons of gas. Pretty good. Now I will be watching the specials much more closely as we have the station right next to the grocery store.

I cut the backing and batting for the quilts and pinned one of them. Tomorrow I can start the assembly.

We had hamburgers and veggies for supper. I made donuts in my donut maker today. I'll bet you didn't know I had one of those. I got it, probably, 30 years or more ago and have used it, maybe, 5 times. I don't know why I don't use it more often. Probably because it is a bit time consuming as you can only do two donuts at a time. I think I will bit the bullet and try the bagel recipe next week.

I also cooked up a batch of vegetable soup.

Tomorrow I am going to bake some Irish Brown Bread. The yearning for it is in my head and won't be satisfied until I have it.

Tomorrow, we don't have to go ANYWHERE. Isn't that unique?

Love

Mary

Clouds in the heavens
Look like marshmallows floating
On blue chocolate milk.

No comments: