Thursday, September 27, 2007

It was a comfortable day today. We had a thunderstorm roll through late this afternoon which dropped a bit of rain, but not enough to be a problem. The temperatures were very nice. I woke up about 6:30. Dick had Chelsea shut up in the office so she was VERY glad to see me. We had a lovely walk. Did not run into anybody, though I did see Tim from a distance.

Then as we were home all day, or so was the plan, I dabbled in things. I cleaned the bathrooms, washed the downstairs windows outside and Dick and I bottled 10 bottles of Banshee Blood. We are finally starting to get caught up on the wine. Tomorrow we will rack the lemon balm into a secondary fermenter. Then we need to get to work on the other three small batches that are in the works.

We ended up having go go to Office Max to pick up labels for the wine. We HAD to go today because the White Zin and the Banshee Blood LOOK very much alike and we did not want to take a chance on getting them mixed up. On the way home we stopped at The Family Restaurant for lunch. We had enough left for dinner so I had a very easy afternoon.

I cleaned my pistol this evening. It was due. Now I have to go to Gander Mountain to replace some of my cleaning supplies and buy some ammo.

Years ago, I took a quilting class when I was living in California. I did not do much with it. We made three projects. Pillow tops. One was and applique, one a Cathedral Window and I don't remember the third, but it WAS fun. Even then I liked to design my own. I remember that I made an applique wall hanging of a turtle. Wonder what eve happened to that. I also designed a quilt for Bret like a big jeep. That I know wore out. I do like to make up my own patterns. They don't always come out like I want but it is more fun.

Tomorrow is Friday already. WHEW!!


Mary

No comments: