Saturday, June 09, 2007

I can't tell you how long it had been, but today, I got to stay home all day. What a neat deal that was.

I woke up at 6:00AM and could hear Chelsea whining outside the closed bedroom door. So I got up and we went for our walk.

Then I worked in the garden in the back. It looks really nice now that I have all the weeds out of it. I think I will move the day lilies to from in back of the lilacs in the fall so that we can see them when they bloom. It does seem silly to have them in back of the trees.

Tomorrow I will finish hand quilting the last of the blocks on the kitty quilt. I am, as I said, getting anxious because I can see the end of the project.

When I was a little girl, I used to climb trees. We had one next to our house that we kids climbed all the time. It has several spots that were fun to just kind of curl up on and look out over the world. This was the same tree that Dad would hang the deer on when he went hunting in the fall. Neat old tree. I guess that is why I like to take pictures of trees and share them with you all.

My boys liked to climb things sometimes too. I always had a rule. If they asked me to lift them up into a tree, I would tell them no. I told them that if they could not get up by themselves they would surely not be able to get down again either. One required the other. And they learned.



Love

Mary

No comments: