Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dick was enjoying watching two rabbits from his view from his desk in the "office". Nice bunnies grazing on the grass on the lawn.

This morning, I got to sleep until 6:15. It was wonderful. Especially since my night was not too good. Chelsea and I had a lovely walk. It was a bit muggy but the temperature was pleasant. She tried to take a shortcut but I make her go the whole way.

I went to church in Sheboygan Falls today at 10:30 with Mother. After Mass, we drove to Sheboygan to St. Nicholas Hospital where a Cancer Survivor Day was being celebrated from noon to 3. They had a wonderful meal prepared by Two Guys and a Grill. The theme was German. People were asked to come in German costumes if they had them and a few did. They had a German band playing and the Chordaliers, a local choral group, sang for us. Mom and I stayed until about 2PM and I think she had a fine time. Mom is a 36 year cancer survivor and should be an inspiration to everybody.

Such a nice Sunday. I did a little bit of quilting, and we racked some wine but there were no big deals that had to be done and it was quiet.

I have been trying to remember Ellen Kort's advice to write a haiku a day. She said that if a person does something for 21 days it will be a habit. (Of course, it takes 21 days to erase a habit too.) It has been 12 days and I have only forgotten Once. Two days, I did do two haikus so maybe that means that I don't have to start all over from the day after the miss. Here is today's

Every soul on earth
Needs to see the sun go down
And come up again.

Be happy this week.

Love

Mary

No comments: