Monday, June 04, 2007

Busy day. I was able to sleep a little late. A good thing since I woke up in the middle of the night again with pain in my hips and had a heck of a time getting back to sleep. I have found that soaking in a hot tub of water helps. Chelsea and I had a wonderful walk. We ran into three other people walking dogs and also Marilyn Bordeau, who does the Tall Grass Association Directory and had called me last night for some updates. I told her what she needed to know and saved myself a phone call.

I had bible study this morning. It was really lively today. Next Sunday is the feast of the Body and Blood of Christ and we got into quite a healthy discussion of the importance of bread to every culture and why Christ used bread for his body. I remembered an interesting experience from when I lived out in California. We had gone down to Mexico and stayed with some friends of my in-laws who were Mexican citizens. We camped on their property and brought a lot of chicken, potatoes etc so that we could fix them an American dinner to show our appreciation for their hosting us. So we fried the chicken and mashed the potatoes and fixed all the side dishes. We put all the food on the tables and called Concha and Ramon to the table. Ramon looked everything over and said "Donde esta el frijoles y tortillas?" (Where are the beans and tortillas?) Concha just smiled and zipped into the house and brought out a big pot of beans and a stack of tortillas to go with the meal. He could not imagine a meal without beans and tortillas, tortillas being Mexican bread.

Then I went to visit Mom for a bit. She is fine but said that she sure was tired yesterday after we got home from the Cancer Survivor day.

Then I went home and fixed lunch. We then started getting Dick's legs soaped and all for his shower. I went to Walgreens and the bank to do some errands for Mother at about 3:00 and got home just about when it was time to do some more work on Dick's legs. After dinner we racked some wine. Then Bret called. He sounds good. He is very busy at work but was able to go out to the River over Memorial Day.

I quilted one more panel on the quilt and now am ready to wind down for the night.

I remembered my haiku for the day. I call it New Corn

Sewn in straight green rows
Precious stitches on the quilt
Sown in straight green rows.

Be happy this Tuesday. It rained a lot today. Everything is green and beautiful. I want to hang up the "Don't Piss off the Fairies" stepping stone, but we need a sunny day to do it in because I need Dick to help me choose where to hang it and to actually help me hang it.

Should get sun soon.

Love

Mary

No comments: