Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Chelsea was very mean to me this morning. She woke me up at 5:20AM. Dick was sleeping (rather unusual) so I didn't want to disturb him. SO I got up and took her for her walk. We did our whole walk. It was about 45 degrees and that makes for a nice workout. We did not see a single soul. I was quite irritated with her to say the least BUT then I got a surprise. A deer came bounding to the edge of the park as we were walking. AND I saw a beautiful cardinal swoop across the lawn to a tree.

We went to breakfast at Mc Donalds and then grocery shopping. With our early start we were home by 9:30AM. So I had time to do some weeding in the back around the bird bath while Dick took a nap and before we went for his blood test.

We had fruit salad and cottage cheese for lunch. That is our special treat on shopping day. Then I took a short nap. So did Dick. I had trouble sleeping so I went downstairs and did some quilting instead. When Dick woke up I did some vacuuming. Then dinner and some more quilting while getting Dick's legs all taken care of.

Tomorrow we go to the Clinic for another massage session. We DO feel that there is some improvement.


"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you
stop opening presents and listen."

Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

And


Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia
once talked about a contest he was asked to judge.

The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring
child.

The winner was a four year old child whose next door
neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the
old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor,
the little boy said,

"Nothing, I just helped him cry"

Got these in an email from a friend and I liked them.

Later

Mary

No comments: