Sunday, February 11, 2007

It was a nice Sunday. We, actually I, got to sleep late this morning because we did not have to be to Valley View until 8:00AM. Dick had a terrible night and was really wiped out all morning, but we did get his intravenous and his dressing changed this morning. Then home.

I stirred the wine and then went to the 10:30 Mass. When I got home, I put an Impossible Quiche in the oven. Dick was sleeping. Jim and Michelle came over at about 12:00 and hooked up the cable for the VCR in the living room for us. Now we have FULL entertainment in four separate areas of the house. Aren't we ever spoiled. They had brunch with us. Actually Dick did not eat again. He had toast and juice earlier. We did have a slice of bologna on the toast but I am really worried about his lack of appetite. He and I are wondering if is is a side effect of the medications.

Michelle and Jim brought over some soup that Michelle had made. We had that for supper. Dick ate a nice serving of that. It is an excellent soup.

Then we went to Sheboygan Memorial for what we hope is our last trip there for a while. Everything went smoothly, they were not quite as busy and we were home at about 8:15. Not bad.

Another hectic week with all the hospital visits. I WILL go to bible study and Writer's Club in Sheboygan tomorrow. Want to pick up the present for Hazel too. The big 90th birthday party is next Saturday. Suzi had originally thought of the party being a surprise party but decided to tell her Mother after all. She decided that it would be good for her to have the pleasure of anticipation more than the 5 minutes of surprise. I sure hope that Dick is well enough to go.
It isn't often that your sister turns 90 and they are the last remaining of the siblings.

Please pray for my brother in law Leif too. He is having surgery for prostrate in early March. They caught it very early so all looks well for a total recovery. Mother said that they have discovered a slight heart murmur so they have to test a bit further. This will be important so that they use the right anesthetics and monitor him properly. I am sure they (and I know that WE) will be SO glad when that is all over with.

I am looking at the framed picture of Jesus that Barb gave me. I believe that it is the statue that stands in Brazil but is superimposed in the clouds as if looking over the earth with the moon as a backdrop. The quote in the corner says "I never said it would be easy, I only said that it would be worth it." Frankly that is what I am counting on.

Have a great week and pray for us as I pray for you all.

Love

Mary

No comments: