Friday, February 16, 2007

The last day, or so they say. Tonight while talking to Nurse Michelle, she asked us what we were doing about keeping the PICC flushed while we are not getting the intravenous. We said, Uh, We don't know about that stuff. The three of us consulted and decided that Dick and I will go there tomorrow when Michelle is there. She will flush and check the blood return and change the dressing. We will see if we can arrange a time to flush on Sunday and than on Monday we will see Dr. Sharon. He will be able to give us direction, though we really need to talk to Dr. Phelan who is on vacation before we are done with this nightmare.

The legs are still peeling but don't seem as swollen. He is not sleeping well and his appetite is iffy. We did stop for breakfast this morning and he seemed to enjoy that but the rest of the day, he ate only because he had to.

Tomorrow I will go to Hazel's party in the evening an represent Dick. He has a sore throat on top of everything and certainly doesn't want to expose Hazel to any germs.

I wrapped the presents today.

This morning on Good Morning America, Robin Roberts was telling a bit about a trip to her home town of Pas Christian in Mississippi that was affected SO strongly by Hurricane Katrina. It brought to mind how closely involved we become with people like her who report our news and who we see every day. I remember just wanting to hug her and pat her hand when she reported to us from Pas Christian right after the storm was over and she cried. We become "friends." The trouble is that it is a one sided friendship because they don't know us from Adam.

One year at Irish Fest in Milwaukee, Eileen and I were walking around one of the stages and I saw a man walking towards me. I said. " Well, Duane Gaye. How are you?" Then it dawned on me that he had no idea in the world who I was. Duane was the morning anchor on WISN channel 12 which I watch most mornings. So. I said. "You have no idea who I am. But I wake up with you every morning." I think he was pleased and was very gracious. A couple of years later he was diagnosed with cancer and after a fierce battle during which he would come on the morning news occasionally and report his progress, he died in 2005.

I received the information that I need to "merge" Quicken and Wells Fargo. Now I need to find out how to delete the Quicken that I merged with the old Quicken after backing it up and reinstall it clean so we can start fresh. The old Quicken is corrupted and we want to start over. With the backup we will still be able to trace things.

Tomorrow I am going to make a King Cake for the beginning of Lent. I want to make it tomorrow because it is BIG and I need to be able to share. Wednesday is the beginning of Lent and I will start fasting and abstaining on the prescribed Ash Wednesday and the Fridays during Lent. I am over 60 and don't actually have to but figure it is good for my soul. God Knows, I need to do things that are good for my soul.

All my love

Be healthy and pray for Dick. Also, someone was excited about the house but needs to bring their husband around. Pray hard.

Love

Mary

No comments: