Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Only two more days left. Saturday, we will not have to get up at 5AM. Both sessions went very will today. Dick slept poorly again last night so took several short naps today. He ate fairly well, at least it was a balanced diet.

We had our second diabetes class. There were two other people besides Tom and Dick and I today so the discussion became rather lively. We talked about exercise, eating out, alcohol consumption and how depression and illness affect blood levels. She gave us each a pedometer. We are going to wear them for a day and see what we do with our normal activities.

I went over to Salem UCC this afternoon to express my condolences to the Knapp family. Karen Knapp, a friend from my working days at Wells Fargo, died of cancer. The funeral was at 7:00 and I obviously couldn't go to that but was glad to be able to go over and see Carl and her daughters Amy and Dawn.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. The "usual" two sessions at Valley View, grocery shopping and Dick sees Dr. Hodous to have his callouses trimmed tomorrow. I sure hope he sleeps better tonight.

It is still cold and supposed to get down to 0 degrees tonight. I got a small "milk house" heater for the garage. I am hoping it will help keep things from freezing in there. I lost a whole bunch of potatoes. I checked after they froze and found out that there is NO way to save them then.

I also had water freeze out there so now we have our entryway full of water, coke and some wine. With the alcohol in the wine it did not freeze but I did not want to take any chances. If the little heater helps maybe I can move stuff out there again.

When the kids were little, Bret about 11 and Bart about 8, we went on a Caribbean cruise. That was quite an experience for all of us. Bret asked for chocolate milk. They didn't have it but our waiter mixed some Hershey's syrup into milk for him. We had the same waiter for the whole cruise and after that first day he had his chocolate milk at every meal and if he finished it they filled it up. Bart liked a certain breakfast, I think pancakes, and after two days he would tell our waiter "I'll have my usual, please." and he got it. That was quite an experience for them and for us. It is fun to be spoiled.

Love

Mary

No comments: