Saturday, February 17, 2007

Well, it is almost 10:00Pm and I just got home from Hazel's party about 15 minutes ago. It was a NICE party. Suzi did a great job. The Olde Templeton Inn is a favorite of her and Hazel. Unfortunately, it will be closing this month because the road is being widened or extended or some such thing. They will miss it. We had an excellent meal. I had prime rib and a piece of the delicious cake that Suzi made for her mother. Bobbie said she was really pleased that it was chocolate (as were we all.)

This was a good chance for me to get better acquainted with Dick's nieces and nephews. And especially for Bobbie, Jim and Dick to get to know them.

I was especially glad to be able to talk to Theresa, who is a nurse about Dick's PICC line. She consulted with Jeannie another niece nurse and they assured me that it will be all right to not flush it for a day or two. Jeannie mentioned that she had a guy come in who had one. He had not had it flushed for almost a month and it was just fine. He told her that he had really forgotten about it. (Pretty hard to understand with the ports sticking out and all.) But Dick surely doesn't have to worry for a day or two. Whew.

Hazel was just delighted and seemed so happy with everything and everybody. She looks wonderful too. One would never guess her age. I see so many people, even my age who don't look any better. What is it about aging. I has so many variations. She told Bobbie and me that she remembers when Dick was born. He was born at home and was a big baby. She and her twin sister Helen were in their bedroom listening to every bit of it. I guess it was not an easy birth. Bobbie thought that might be a good way to encourage birth control. Of course, Hazel and Helen both had children so it didn't work for them.

Anyway, it was worth the long drive down and back. Such a lovely bunch of people. I am glad that I am related to them now.

Tomorrow for the first time in almost a month, we won't have to go to the hospital. I can't tell you how good that feels. I must go shooting in the afternoon. Otherwise, I will have to shoot too many targets at once and will get sloppy.

I read a quote that I liked. Perhaps you will enjoy it too. It is from a poet called Mary Anne Radmacher. "When I say "I am going home" I mean I am going to where you are." I liked it.

I need to go to bed now. I listened to the Irish Tenors all the way home from Sussex.

Love you all.

Mary

No comments: