Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Another day done. This morning went very well. Dick was SO tired. But he was hungry ( such a relief, he doesn't eat much which is OK but at least he is willing to eat.) He had some fried potato, toast and a scrambled egg. Pretty good and he ate it all.

He rested off and on and I puttered around today. I watered plants and stirred wine and got things ready to take to show Bob Fleming when I had lunch with him this noon. Met Bob at 11:30 at the Bread and Bean in Falls. Dick was not up to it and Steve had a commitment with a quartet he has been working with so it was Bob and me. We had a nice time. It is fun to share with him. He is such a good artist and I am hoping that he and my friend Cindy Matyi can communicate some. She is also an execellent artist. She does modern Celtic Art and is currently learning Icon Painting which Bob is concentrating on. He is trying to find markets to sell his note cards and prints through. He has some printed of an Icon of St. Patrick. I have the print in the den downstairs. It is really impressive. We had a nice lunch and got caught up. Next time I hope that Dick and Steve can be there too. If you are interested in St. Patrick note cards, let me know.

I thought that I was going to miss the last of Fr. Van Beeck's adult education classes because of the Valley View visits, but the hospital called this afternoon and moved it up from 6 to 4PM so we were home early enough that I could grab a snack and get there on time. I think the God planned it for me. It was well worth it. Fr. Van Beeck talked about Lent and our mission during Lent. He challenges us to do scripture reading during Lent and especially to read, not just skim, but really read the epistle of James. I must do that.

I also had contacted a lady named Ann at St. John's school about the Market Day that I had forgotten to pick up. She was coming to the meeting tonight too so we agreed to eschange check for food then. Imagine my surprise when upon finding out where she was she was sitting next to Harold Ziegler, a cousin on my Dad's side. I told her that Harold is my cousin and she laughed and said that he is also her Dad so we are cousins. That was fun. Harold told me that he has been going through old pictures and found some of my grandma, his Aunt Helen and some of Uncle Jack (My Bret looks SO much like Uncle Jack. ) and my Aunt Helen too. He also has one of 10 of the Zieglers (My great grandfather Alois's Children) that he will share. Sounds like fun. He is such a sweet man. He owned an office supply store in Plymouth until her retired several years ago.

Tomorrow the same old same old at the hospital - plus an hour or so at Diabetes Class #2. I am sure we will learn as much at the first time and they can advise us as to what to do about this lack of appetite and how to be sure that he eats what he needs to stay healthy.

I am going to make a New Orleans King Cake on Sunday to help kick off the beginning of Lent next Wednesday. Can you believe that Lent starts a week from tomorrow.

Have a great Wednesday. I will tell you about the class tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: