Sunday, November 05, 2006

We seem to be heading into Indian Summer. It was warm today and is supposed to get even warmer, perhaps up in to the low 60s by mid week. And we have had our hard frost. So that means that everything is running a bit late.

This morning when Chelsea and I were on our walk, we (I really should say "I", Chelsea is not all that observant) saw a deer in the middle of Tallgrass Lane. She watched us for a while until Chelsea barked at a dog in a house, then jumped over some bushes, decided she didn't want to be there either so she ran back into the Park. The rest of the walk was rather dull.

Went to the 10:30 Mass at Blessed Trinity. This was my last Mass as a parishioner there. I will be presenting the Senior program on Tuesday, then I will be done. Tomorrow after Bible Study, Kathy and I will be sure there are plates, cups and coffee pots set up for the lunch.

A lady from St. John's called and had taken all the raffle prozes home with her. So Dick and I went and picked it up this afternoon. I got 6 videos, quite good ones too, and several nice Christmas Tree ornaments in a very pretty basket.

The Packers lost. My Fantasy football picks turned out pretty bad this week. I looked good for the first couple , but then Chicago lost and Dallas which really messed me up.

The election is on Tuesday, thank heavens. Everybody is sick to death of all the negative campaign adds and hearing about everything. I have made up my mind and will be glad that it is over with.

Jim and Michelle fixed the door to the wine cellar and put the storm door in the front door. Dick said that it only took a few minutes each. Would have taken us all day and lots of anxiety. Sure glad they are willing to help. They got a kitten from the Humane Society yesterday. He is a real cutie. He is black with a bit of white under his chin and all four paws are white. They named him Boots. His face looks like Sylvester in the comics. And can that little guy purr. He seems like a happly little fella.

Have a good week.

I talked to Bart and Barb. Barb still has her hear infection, (the doctor says that it is a fungal infection) but Bart sounds pretty good.

Guess that is all for now.

Mary

No comments: