Friday, November 10, 2006

First snowfall of the season and it came down with a vengeance. They said we would get about an inch but I am sure that there is more than that out there, at least in spots.

I did go to the bust up party at Rhine. Probably shouldn't have because I drove there during the very worst of the storm. But I did and had a good time. Sara had prepared ham with pineapple, Meatballs and gravy with mashed potatoes and corn for the meal and Bill Olson brought his "world famous" homemade peach cobbler with icecream.

This was Lil Pippings day to win. She beat me by 5 points and deserved it because of one REALLY bad target that I shot a couple of weeks ago.

This noon I met Sheila Isaacson at Bublitz in Saukville to give her the four sweatshirts that I had made into jackets trimmed with the Celtic Women International plaid. We had a wonderful visit and a good lunch. I had a portabello mushroom sandwich (to die for) and a nice hearty cup of clam chowder. That was before the storm. On the way home, I stopped at Barb Mac Ewen's place to get my Mary Kay restocked.

Jack Palance died today at 87. I was reading the newsflash on the net and came accross this quote of his. I think it is great. He is referring to the one armed push ups that he was famous for when he was in his 70s.

"That's nothing, really," he said slyly. "As far as two-handed push-ups, you can do that all night, and it doesn't make a difference whether she's there or not."

What a rake. He was fun to watch and such a good actor.

Have a great Saturday. I am going to hear Jerry Aps speak at the Sheboygan Falls Library in the morning.

Mary

No comments: