Monday, November 06, 2006

Well, it was MONDAY. We are having a beautiful week, weather wise, BUT it was foggy tonight and I had to go to Rhine Plymouth for the monthly meeting. It was a rather heated meeting, as we reviewed the proposed constitution and had a couple of members who are feeling rather picky and then there are a couple of others who take some things very personally. Everybody sees what they do for the club but many consider their voluntary contributions should excuse them from the assigned hours that we all have to work.

Bible study was at 9:30AM and I followed that by meeting with Kathy Rau, the custodian at Blessed Trinity, to gather the plates, napkins and so on for the Senior lunch tomorrow. Then stopped to see Mother. She is feeling better but if the discomfort doesn't completely go away by the end of the week, we will talk about seeing her doctor to explore further.

This afternoon we did our grocery shopping because of the Lunch tomorrow. Then I picked up Market Day. I got a beautiful ham, cookies and some mini omelets for Dick.

Tomorrow is the election also. Thank heavens that will be over. It will be interesting to see how the two referendums on the ballot will go. I will be voting no on both. I definately oppose the death penalty and feel that we do not need an amendment to ban gay marriage. For all intents and purposes, Wisconsin has a law already banning it and I don't approve of Amendments that take rights away from people. I won't go into my reasons but I do have a lot of opinions on these matters.

I have a cute story. Marily Taylor, the Poet Lauriete of Milwaukee, who was one of the speakers at the Writer's Festival at Lakeland College, spoke of an African Safari she went on several years ago. She said that, to her horror, they slept in little mini tents right out on the ground with no fortifications or extra security and she could hear lions roar and stuff during the night. Her apprehension was ot lessened when the guide said that "They almost never harm humans."

Have a nice Tuesday and GET OUT AND VOTE. (Even if you don't agree with me.) Voting is one of our most valuable freedoms. Do it.

Mary

No comments: