Saturday, August 05, 2006

I got to stay home all day. The temperatures were quite pleasant. It is really quite comfortable in the house tonight. Yesterday it was kind of muggy.

I packed five boxes today. Dick said he would carry four of them (books) out into the garage for me.

Jim and Michelle and Dick and I played cards tonight. Jim and Michelle were the winners again. We old people are really falling down on the job lately.

I cannot get the sewing machine to accomodate the iron on applique. So I guess I will just start hand sewing the banner tomorrow and any time that I watch TV. It will make the time pass nicely.

I finished the draft of the worship folder today. I sent the rough draft off to Jim and Beth and will take it in to Sandy at the church office on Monday. I have to work on the cover and the publicity next.

Tomorrow, except for church, we don't have to go anywhere again. That is two days in a row. But next week will make up for it.

My father in law had an expression that I really liked. He used to tell the grandaughters when they were sensitive that their "Tears were too close to their eyeballs."


Have a nice Sunday.

Mary

No comments: