Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dick and I went grocery shopping early this morning. We were home before 9:AM which is unusual. We stopped for breakfast at Hardee's for a change. I do like their bisquits. So I had an egg and cheese bisquit.

When we got home, I put the groceries away and called Dolores to find out how the new baby and her parents are doing. All is well. Stacy's c-section only took about 20 minutes. Doesn't that seem impossible? She is just fine but will have to remember to be very careful for a few weeks so she heals up right. Todd is such a happy Daddy.

I called Eileen too. She has been a sick lady. A reaction to a very strong antibiotic. Now she is on ANOTHER one that is easier on the system and will help counteract the problems caused by the first one. What a mess, right.

Dick and I went over to Menards and bought a hex driver so that I could try to replace the broiler element in the stove. However, when I took it out, the wire was broken. I am not capable of repairing, only replacing, so we called Sears and the repairman will be here tomorrow.

I cleaned the bathrooms today too.

This evening, I wrote the rough copy of the intro for the Celtic Mass worship folder. I will have Dick edit it for me. I have decided to tell about the Celtic Season Lughnasadh, which starts on August 1 and celebrates the harvest. It is one of the two minor seasons. Beltane, celebrated on May 1, means bright fire, and marks the beginning of the "light half" or summer of the year. Samhain. the most important of the four, is celebrated on November 1. It is now associated with our All Hallows Eve (Halloween) and marks the "dark half" or winter of the year.

So it was a busy day, all day. I even got a couple of boxes packed and out into the garage.

We are getting fresh corn and tomatoes for dinner tomorrow and Bobbie and Bill will join us.

Love

Mary

No comments: