Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It was hot again today. The cold front that was promised started to come through this evening. The temperatures have dropped from the high 80s to the high 60s this evening. We are even getting a bit of rain. Not enough but anything we get is very welcome at this point.

Chelsea and I had a nice walk this morning and ran into a couple of neighbors, Sherry from next door and Mikki from across the street, so I had to tell them what was going on. I will be somewhat difficult to leave as this is a lovely neighborhood with really good neighbors. Anyone who buys this house will be accepted and feel very comfortable.

Dick and I ran a few errands this morning then went to Falls to the Firehouse to join a bunch of my classmates and their spouses for lunch. The Firehouse is always good and we did some catching up. Dick admitted that he did enjoy himself. We sat across from Dick and Lorraine Schaap who are always good company.


Then I went to Plymouth to do the final review of my book. There was a question on one page which will be emailed for my approval when corrected, then the printing. I want it done by the 10th so I can take it to show everybody at the Ball Game. I will also have it ready for Irish Fest, the Irish reunion at St. Michaels and Celtic Faire.

This evening I did the minutes of the Rhine Board meeting and the outline for the Celtic Mass to take to Sandy on Monday. I still have to write a bit of an introduction to the Worship Folder. I like to change that every year.

So it was a productive day and now I am tired. I did get two boxes packed also. I forgot to mention that.

From Cadfael's Book of Days "Tongues wag more freely before the deaf man."

Be cool and safe. Keep us in your prayers. I am still very worried about many things. I must remember that all I have to do is do my best and keep plugging along and that God will pick up the slack for me.

Love

Mary

No comments: