Friday, August 04, 2006

Fresh corn and tomatoes from Wingert's for supper along with fresh blueberry pie with REAL whipped cream for dessert.

As my brother in law George would say. "Wonder what the rich people are eating tonight."

Bobbie and Bill joined us and Jim and Michelle were home too so we had a lovely dinner with good conversation.

Had lunch with Betty, Marlene and Ceil in Plymouth today. They are happy that we are moving to Plymouth. I feel that I have a belonging there already. As I worked so long there I will be running into friends in stores and church and so on. It is hard to go to a place alone. I've done that enough in my life.

I got three more boxes packed and stacked in the garage today and cleaned the kitchen.

Fr. Mike Shea called this evening. He is in the states, but is leaving Wednesday for Thailand. He was only here for two weeks, and had run out of time, so we will have to plan on getting together next year when he is hoping to be here longer. I told him that Beth Dipple and I will let him know AS SOON as the date is set for the Irish reunion at St. Michael's Church near Parnell and he can hopefully say Mass for us AND we can make it a big fundraiser for Sarnelli House. He called Mother this morning and was very pleased to visit with her. He is so impressed with her independence and I told him how proud we are of her. We both agreed that it does not pay to get into an argument with her. She reads constantly and knows her facts before she speaks.

Tomorrow, I am going to spend the day working on the banner for Celtic Mass. I have not had the time or inclination for weeks and there are only about five weeks left. If I can just get the edging around the fused applique the rest will go VERY fast.

I have finished the introduction for the Celtic Mass Worship Folder. Dick always helps me by editing. I do like to present a different view of Celtic Spirituality each year.

This year I am presenting the idea of the feasts that the Celts celebrated and how they can relate to today quite easily. The season of the Harvest, or Lughasadh begins August 1 and continues til November 1st. Very easy to feature.

Love

Mary

No comments: