Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Well, I am home. Actually, Dick and I were able to stay in out of the horrible heat all day. It was 95 again with a heat index in the triple digets again. Tonight it is supposed to cool and tomorrow, the temps will be in the mid eighties. It has been raining this evening.

Tonight, I went to Beth Hoegger's (my choir director) house to meet with her and Jim Wilsing (the bagpiper)to plan the Celtic Mass. Dick said they must be Deeley's. We could have been done in an hour but it took us almost three because we had to to talk and visit. BUT - we got it done and it will be a beautiful service. We will have a couple of new instrumentalists joining us for some of the music, especially in the prelude. Jim promised that he will play the Old Rustic Bridge to get the program started. (One of my personal favorites). We will sing the song that I wrote the words to and Beth is writing music for the standard parts of the Mass (e.g. the Gloria and Sanctus.) Now I am getting excited.

I need to finish the banner too. With all the house stuff and confusion, it has been put on a back burner.

We got a few more boxes packed and stacked against the wall in the garage. We also pulled out books that we are donating to the library.

Mother called this evening. My nephew, Todd, and his wife Stacy are expecting a baby and she is having a long hard labor and they have decided to take the baby by a C-section. Best to do it sooner than later, but it is still a worry. Please pray along with me for the safety of little Morgan and especially her parents, who I am sure are scared beyond belief. This is their first child too.

We now have a for sale sign on our front lawn. Wonder what the neighbors are thinking.

All my love

Mary

No comments: