Saturday, January 14, 2006

Today the sky was blue and it was not damp. Chelsea and I went for a walk this morning and though there was a rather chilly breeze it was very nice with the sun shinning down on us.

Dick and I went to Sears to get some sox for him. They have done a lot of rearranging in the store, so we looked around a bit. We went into the appliance department and were surprised at the new washing machines. They are front loading and look really weird. You can get them on a pedistal so you don't even have to bend over to load. The look very futuristic.

I finished drawing out the plans for the banner that I want to make for church for Celtic Mass. It should work. I must now start looking for fabric.

I also got the plans for the Senior program that will be presented in February. We, Senior Saints, will join the school kids at their 1:00PM Mass on Wednesday Feb 22, then I will have refreshments in the vestibule followed by a concert of the Golden Chordaliers, a Senior Chorus who sing four part harmony. One of their members is 94 years old. Wow. My friend Dorothy Ruh is a member of the chorus. I made up a flyer for the bulletin and to send to the seniors. I will put an ad in the Sheboygan Falls News too. Perhaps some people from the greater community will come.

When Bart and I came to Wisconsin from Minnesota, I did not have a job. We found an apartment in Sheboygan. Bart told me later that he was really scared at that time. Later on, when he was older, and he found out how little I was making at that time he asked me how I ever did it. He said that anytime he wanted anything I always managed to get it for him. Fortunately, he was not a demanding kid and his requests were always reasonable. I was a pretty good manager of our funds and we did OK.
He was the one who always wanted to go looking at houses on weekends and when we found our little house in Sheboygan Falls he kind of pushed me to buy it. It was perfect for the two of us and Zero and Waylon. Two little bedrooms upstairs. One bathroom, a kitchen a dining room, a living room and another small room downstairs. They were all little teeny rooms but they were fine for us. I think it made him feel more secure to be in our own place. It was not an easy time, but I did the best I could.

Tomorrow, Bobbie and I work at Rhine. We will have to shoot pistol league too. Have a nice day.

Mary

No comments: