Thursday, January 12, 2006

I was on the run all day today. This morning, Dick and I went out to breakfast after we got the trash out. Then we went grocery shopping and on to Fessler's Drug Store to pick up the last pair of the compression stockings that he has to wear.

We got home just in time for me to get the groceries put away before I had to pick up Mother for her appointment with the hearing aid doctor. Both of her hearing aids needed cleaning and adjustment. One of them is failing fast so Dr. Nytis fitted her for a new one. The new one will filter out some background noises and can be directed to the front in some conversation situations so that conversations in back won't be rattling around. We HOPE to have it by next Friday so that she will be able to wear it at the big Birthday Bash. But the doctor does have the old one functioning if that doesn't happen.

When I got home, it was so beatiful and the sun was shining so Chelsea and I went for a walk. Was that ever nice. Then I cleaned bathrooms, fixed dinner and headed for choir.

I also got a welcome call from Jacquie, my ex-sister-in-law. It is always so good to hear her voice and catch up on all those people that were a part of my life for so many years. Aunt Velma, my mother in law's sister, is going to be 95 in February. We exchange Christmas Cards and I am always SO very glad to get hers. She is a lovely person. I will be sure to get a card off to her for her special day, February 4th.

This morning, I was remembering friends from years gone by. One friend that came to mind was Karl Kendall. Crazy Karl we used to call him. Karl was a carpenter. One time he fell off a roof and landed upside down with his head stuck between the fender and the front of a car. He wasn't hurt a bit. We always told him that if he had landed on his feet he would have killed himself.

One time he did some work for Dick (my ex) and me on our house. He was getting ready to go into the house and saw our cat, Samantha, a beautiful black cat with emerald green eyes, sitting on the neighbor's fence. He figured that we probably didn't want her in because we were both at work. So he kept his eyes on her as he opened the door and sidled into the kitchen. Then he turned to go into the hall and there was Sam. In the middle of the kitchen floor. She was a work of art too.

Anyway, Karl lives in Bullhead City, about a mile from Jacquie and she said he is as crazy as he ever was. So things don't change much.

Have a nice Friday.

Mary

No comments: