Tuesday, January 10, 2006

We did have some sun today but it never got as warm as Sally Severson from Channel 12 said it would. The highest that I saw was 33 degrees. Chelsea and I went for a nice walk this afternoon anyway. On our walk, one of our neighbors and a boy stopped us and asked us to keep our eyes out for their dog, Wishbone. He is a beagle, black, brown and white with some gray around his whiskers. Apparantly he wandered off and they can't find him. They said he likes to chase rabbits. Chelsea and I saw no sign of him but will continue to look as we walk each day. Poor little dog, I am sure he is frightened by now.

Aside from my walk, I did NOT leave the yard today. It was really quite nice. Kitties followed me all over the house. Roxie was naughty this evening. I was in the den sewing. Chelsea was sleeping peacefully in front of Jim's chair and Roxie just walked up to her and started beating her up. Chelsea looked hurt, so I told her to come and sit with me for a while. Right now, Roxie is acting like little Miss Innocent, sleeping peacefully on the desk underneath the lamp.

I guess that I had better make a coconut cream pie this weekend. I made banana cream for New Year's Day and Jim said that he thought that coconut should be next. This is a quiet weekend, a good thing since the next weekend is Mom's birthday and the following weekend we are going to the Fireside to see the Fabulous 50s. I don't know why everything always has to come at once. But at least we had a couple of quiet weekends in between.

Yesterday the Cadfael Book of Days said. "There is a right place for every soul under the sun." I liked that. It is nice to think that everybody is special and has his/her own place. Bloom in yours today

Mary

No comments: