Sunday, January 08, 2006

We had SUNSHINE today. While Bobbie and I were driving back from Rhine after shooting, we suddenly saw shadows. Then we saw blue sky. What a wonderful pleasure. As soon as I got home, Chelsea and I went out for a nice long walk. She didn't turn in at the driveway this time. She even took the extra little dogleg that we sometimes skip. We both felt WONDERFUL when we got back home.

The singing at Mass went very well. The kids sing well and we blended together nicely. I think the congregation liked it too.

I fixed venison steaks with baked potato, fresh green beans and tossed salad for supper tonight. I marinaded the steaks in a steak rub that I often use. They were tender and very tasty.

The teens at Blessed Trinity that are planning on going on mission this summer are selling cinnamon rolls again this year. I bought four. We shared one tonight so we could have a taste (we are still dieting, you know) Then there is one for each of us. Dick an I figure on that for breakfast on Tuesday, as we will be done with the blast off week and can have just that and fruit for breakfast and still not be overdoing.

I have decided to make two wall hangings for Church for Celtic Mass. I am beginning to draw out the first which will be adapted from a design that I have on a pin called the Hand Of God. It is full of Celtic Knots rising up to a hand in the sky with a halo surrounding the hand. I will have to do it in thirds so that it will be big enough. The companion piece, (if the first works) will be a Celtic High Cross adapted from the pictures of high crosses that I took on my trips to Ireland. I will keep you posted.

Less than two weeks to Mom's Birthday. Time is a flyin'. Haven't heard from anybody, so I guess that all I have to do is order the corsage for her. I wrote to the White House requesting a birthday card. I know she doesn't think much of Bush, but I still think that she deserves recognition from our President.

Have a nice Monday. I have Bible Study AND Writer's Club. I have decided to share the song lyrics that I wrote and we sang at Celtic Mass.

Love

Mary

No comments: