Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I went to quilt guild today. Usually I try to avoid going to the day meetings - however - I want to make a quilt for the At Risk Babies at Childrens Hospital and if I hadn't gone today I would not have gotten the kit in time to get it done. I also wanted to pick up a Challenge Block for the yearly raffle. We had a speaker from The Sewing Basket talk to us about thread. I learned quite a lot. The Guild is probably not going to have a Quilt Show this year because noone came forward to chair the event. It sounded like there were a couple of people who might take the challege up for the following year. Apparently some guilds only do one every two years. Everyone can be very proud of me - I did not volunteer for ANYTHING.

We had good old Kraft Dinner for supper - I made it with ham in it. Sure tasted good. We shop tomorrow. Good thing as we are out of fruit and even more serious. There is NO MORE LETTUCE left for Chelsea. She may leave home. Of course, we can Kind of fake her out with celery or carrots, but lettuce is the creme de la creme in her mind.

It is still gloomy around here. There was even some rain but the temps went up to 40 this afternoon, so Chelsea and I did take a short walk. I saw the people who lost their dog and they still have not found poor old Wishbone. I hope someone took him in and will try to find his owners. Dogs like that keep wandering. I had a black lab named Buddy once. He got out of the yard and it was a few days later before I got a call from a school miles away. He had traveled several miles and crossed several busy streets to get there. I think she just kept wandering one way and then another and finally someone corralled her. The guy kept saying "Are you sure she is yours? You live WHERE?" But Buddy knew me and that is always a pretty good clue. Of course, Chelsea would probably run right by me. She is such a silly girl.

Have a nice Thursday.

Mary

No comments: