Friday, January 13, 2006

I told Dick the other day that I was hungry for a fish fry. He said that it sounded like a great idea to him, so - tonight we went to Zana's for a Lake Perch Dinner. It was very good. The only complaint is that they serve WAY too much food. We brought enough potatoes for breakfast and fish for lunch. I guess that is OK, but if they served less and charged less I would be happier.

It was damp and chilly today thought the temperatures stayed in the upper 30s.

We also went to see Narnia this afternoon. Thank you Brenda. It is a wonderful movie. I can see why it is getting all the award nominations. I understand it is full of symbols about the war. It would be really interesting to find them out. I think I will have to read the story. I don't think I ever did. At least I didn't remember the story line.

Tomorrow is pretty quiet, but we do have to go out and do a bit of clothes shopping for Dick. Sox mainly. Aside from that, I intend to write and sew. I hope Chelsea stops being such a pest. She wants to go out too much. I am beginning to think she just wants lettuce. If she doesn't "perform", I am not giving her any.

I have always had dogs and cats. We had them growing up and I had them in my
California life also. I told you a bit about my Sam cat yesterday. She was quite a girl. Once, she had climbed into the camper when I went to the store to pick something up. I opened the camper door to put my purchased in and she shot out and took off. I was only about five blocks from home so after a cursery search, figured she would find her way. However, she did not come home that night or for the next three weeks. Boy, was my neighbor, John, who adored her mad at me. He spoiled her terribly. He used to fix her fresh chopped liver for treats.

To continue, one evening I heard a noise at the kitchen screen and there was my Sam.
I rushed to open the door and she glided in. I was SO elated, I called John. Then she turned her other side to me and I almost collapsed. There was a scar, an inch wide and running almost the full length of her body. It was healed over, but was still awful. I called the Vet immediately. The first thing he asked was why was she not brought in sooner. So I told him what happened. As it turned out it was a flesh wound. A huge one for sure but a flesh wound. He gave me a salve to put on it and it healed so well that you would never have known. The only thing that we can figure is that she climbed under the hood of a car to get warm and got clipped by the fan. Then she must have crawled off to nurse her wounds until she was well enough to make her way home.

We had her for quite a while after that. I really loved that cat.

Have a special weekend.

Mary

No comments: