Saturday, November 26, 2005

An absolutely quiet day today. Snow is on the ground but the temperatures did not seem so bad, because there was no wind at all to speak of.

Dick and I went out for breakfast and to get gas in the car this morning, but except for that we were home all day.

The day went much too fast. I really did not do much except try to catch up on things and put things away. It is hard when one hobbles around. George Carlin has it right. People get houses to fill with stuff, then they have to get a bigger house because they keep getting more stuff.

It is like planting seeds. You plant and they keep reproducing. Or like leaving one dirty dish in the sink and by morning finding the sink overflowing with them.

My foot feels better but is still swollen, because I cannot see the bones yet. (That will be my proof that it is better.) It is turning the most interesting colors. It is really difficult to walk with a cane, however, I am learning and have learned how to go down and up stairs with the least discomfort. By the time I get it down pat, I will be all healed. Did I tell you that the doctor at the emergency room asked if I could hear the deer laughing as I made my way out of the woods? I told him that I sure could.

Tomorrow, I have to work at Rhine. That should be interesting as I cannot stand for any length of time. Then Bobbie and Bill are coming to dinner so that Bobbie and I can eat the venison liver and listen to the guys complain about having the be in the same house where something like that is prepared.

Have a nice Sunday. We will, I know. Every day my foot feels a bit better.

Mary

No comments: