Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A busy day but at least I got to spend most of it at home. My only outside chore was that dentist appointment. They just checked them and cleaned them and sent me home.

It was snowing and there was about an inch on the ground when I woke up. Chelsea was say too excited. She barked at nothing for about half the walk. Then she spent the rest of the walk rolling around and eating snow.

Then I made Cranberry Relish for tomorrow and cole slaw for a salad to have on hand. I cleaned my desk and the bathrooms too. Now, Dick got the Roombas clean and we are letting them vacuum the livingroom and our bedroom.

Tomorrow I will be going out with the gang for my last deer hunting try of the year. It is supposed to be windy and cold, so will be the most miserable of the three days.
We are meeting out on Highway F at 6:00AM and will be staying out until about 10:00 as everyone has to be back for Thanksgiving. Actually Bobbie is serving dinner at 5:00PM with snacks including a bribe of deviled eggs at 4:00PM so I will have plenty of time to come home, shower and take a nap before we go. Dick and Brenda will be spending Thursday night with us.

There is a cricket in our office. We cannot quite pinpoint where he is nested. He seems to be somewhere between Dick and me but it is really hard to tell. He chirps occasionally, then when one of us moves the big chicken shuts up. He probably heard Dick say that he wants to crush him.

I remember a cricket in the coat closet in my home in Huntington Beach. We managed to get EVERYTHING out of the closet and finally got the thing. We just took it outside. Boy was that thing LOUD! The one in our office is really rather quiet.

Aren't crickets supposed to bring good luck? I seem to remember some tale about that.

The Brother Cadfael's Book of Days had a great quote today. "A pity there should have to be factions, an decent men fighting one another; and all of them convinced they have the right of it." Ellis Peters.

People on both sides of a war always believe they are right and the winner becomes the "truth".

Happy Thanksgiving.

Mary

No comments: