Monday, November 21, 2005

I made it out to the Kettles this morning for my first day of deer hunting of the season. It was a lovely day. Kind of cold and overcast to begin with but no appreciable wind and eventually the sun even came out. My brother Jeff, his son Shane and Shane's girlfriend Roxie were also out today. We didn't see a darned deer but we all enjoyed the day. There is plenty of wildlife out there besides the deer. I saw a red squirrel and a gray fox squirrel, heard a Pilated Woodpecker and a huge flock of geese went overhead. We arrived just before dawn and left the woods at about 11:00AM. Then we drove into Dundee for lunch at a tavern that Jeff knows. I had a good cup of chili (Sheboygan Chili) and a great grilled cheese sandwich. I came right home after that and took a nap and a shower because

tonight I had to be at church to get out and check the condition of the decorations that go up for Advent. They put this big "Jessie Tree" that used to go over the Altar on the side wall and I do not like it but was overruled. Hopefully the wonderful Advent Candle Tapestries that Bob Fleming painted for us will make them look better. We will be gathering again on Friday to take down Harvest/Thanksgiving and put these up.

Tomorrow, Bobbie and I will go back out to the woods to try again to get our deer. Sure hope we at least see one. That always "Makes" the day.

I probably should say more about our Branson trip but the main focus was all the shows. Did I tell you about the Hughes Brothers. They are five brothers. The show involves all of their children, this numbers something like 13 or 19 kids, NINE of them are in ONE family. Their parents have just adopted four children from Russia who are learning to be in the show because they really wanted to be a part of it. The grandchildren are also extremely talented, they sing, dance and several play the violin. It is quite a show. When they did their Nativity presentation as part of the Christmas show, they just use the littlest baby (who behaved like a little angel. I don't know what they do if he decides he doesn't want to be there. I remember an incident that occurred when Bret was about three. We were at some function or another and he came up to me and said "Lets go home." I said that it would be a bit as we were busy. He leaned back a bit, looked me in the eye and said "But I want to go NOW." Those kind of statements are a mother's nightmare. In public, children have an extra ace as sometimes they get their way to avoid a big scene."

Hopefully I can look at the pictures soon and will forward a few to you.

Have a fun Tuesday in this short work week and wish Bobbie and I a good and save hunt.

Love

Mary

No comments: