Friday, November 25, 2005

A rather strange day. It started good enough. We had a very nice breakfast (Cheese and egg bisquit sandwiches) with Dick and Brenda before they headed back to Madison. They left at about 10:00, the same time that I left to pick up Bobbie and go to Mom's house. We butchered the deer. There were three of them. It took us until about three PM to finish the job. Because of my ankle, I spent most of my time sitting at the table trimming meat off of the leg quarters and cutting it in to hamburger/sausage pieces.

Tonight I went to church and we took down the harvest decorations and then put up the
Advent colors and the Advent wreath.

I am exhausted and will go to bed as soon as I finish this. Chelsea is really getting irritated with me. She cannot understand why I am not taking her for walks and why Dick is usually taking her out to go potty.

I was remembering Thanksgivings when I was in California. We belonged to a jeep club called the Orange County Four Wheelers and every Thanksgiving as a club, we would go out to Chiraca Summet to celebrate the holiday together with a big community meal on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The guy had made a big spit run by a generator and would star the meat at about 2AM. We always barbequed a whole pig and a quarter of beef. It would cook all day while they poured wine and spices on it. In the meantime, the ladies would bake potatoes and make fresh applesauce and bake beans. By two o'clock in the afternoon, we would be ready to eat our selves silly and then make homemade ice cream for everybody. Finally we would sit around the fire and sing and sip Apricot Brandy until we were ready for bed. Lots of fun, lots of memories.

Tomorrow, I will better be able to rest my leg.

The week is over. Hooray for Saturday

Mary

No comments: