Sunday, November 27, 2005

It was warm and rainy and foggy all day. The temperatures were in the mid 40's. Sure a change from Thanksgiving when it was 10 degrees at noon.

Bobbie and I worked a Rhine. We left at about two o'clock. There were about 10 people there but the traps had not even been set up because of the fog and there were plenty of people capable of handing out and collection for beer as these people watched the football games. Besides, my foot was getting uncomfortable.

I went to the 8AM mass this morning and visited with Mother until she was ready to to to the 10:30AM mass. I begged off of being Eucharistic Minister because it is too hard to stand for any length of time. There are plenty of "whole" people to do that.

On the way home I heard this quote on the radio. Bobbie already heard it but she will just have to read it again. I can't remember the source but it is a quote. "Men think of shopping as a response to an unseen emergency - such as Christmas."

We are now celebrating Advent, so Chistmas is looming. The time of preparation is upon us.

Love

Mary

No comments: