Monday, November 28, 2005

I have a very affectionate Kitty named Roxie on my lap as I post this Blog. It rained most of the day today and the temps were quite warm. All the way up into the low 50s. Wow. Sounds cold to the South but for Wisconsin in late November it is like spring.

Did I tell you that Bobbie and I had venison liver, bacon and fried onions for supper last night and was it EVER good. We had enough left for each of us to have a sandwich this noon too. And it was also so tasty. They guys weren't allowed to have liver. (Can you hear the sarcasm.) They ate ham and the rest of our side dishes, brussel sprouts, raw fried potatoes and cole slaw. Jim was not aware that there were raw fried potatoes. I know that he has eaten them. He thinks that it is more trouble to cook the potatoes and then fry them. It is actually just the method of cooking. And there is a difference is taste.

Today was full. I had bible study in the morning. As it is early Advent, we are into the "waiting" scriptures and are reading a lot of Isiah. He wrote a lot about the waiting for the savior. There was also a nice section of 2 Peter telling people not to get to impatient waiting for the second coming. As he points out A thousand years is like a day and a day as a thousand years to the Lord. Time means nothing to him (or her.)

Tomorrow, Pat Hefernan from the County Division on Aging is coming to Blessed Trinity at my request to speak to the seniors about Medicare D. I am interested in hearing the presentation, so that we can decide what we are going to do. I also have Deacon Bill Jens doing a prayer service before the presentation so it will hopefully be a full and interesting day for the seniors. (Including me.)

I have to pick up cookies, punch and tea on my way to church. We always have TONS of coffee so I never have to worry about that. People keep donating that.

We were talking about the homeless at bible study. Many of them don't want to come in, usually those with dependency problems because they have to remain clean while they are in shelters. Usually they will only come in during the worst of the weather. God bless them and help them. I hurt for the children who are sleeping out or in cars because Moms and Dads cannot find an enclosed shelter. I hope their guardian angels keep them from fear.

I understand that they are still gathering pets up from the hurricane ravaged areas. Wish I knew what to do to help.

Hope your week goes well. So far so good for me. My foot gets a bit better every day, but I still cannot see my bones and it is still black and blue.

Love

Mary

No comments: