Monday, December 21, 2020

I baked Lizzies today

Too bad that it is too late to enclose them in the packages.    Lizzies for those who may not know are cookies very much like fruitcake.    You soak raisins in bourbon or whiskey and then add all the other ingredients and bake.    SO GOOD>   Got the recipe from my Mother, bless her soul.   I smile every time I bake them.

Had another plumbing issue.    Mike says that he is sure that he has it now.    There was a backup where he did not expect it would be the last time.

Vita went to PetSmart today and had her bath.   She is,of course, gorgeous and very irritated with me.    She smells good too.

That was pretty much the day.

Tomorrow is quiet.   Will do my last shopping before next week and I think that Kerry is coming to clean.

Then only two days til Christmas.   I am ushering at the 10AM Mass on Christmas Day.   Sure glad that I feel well enough to DO SOMETHING.

Have a good week

Dia Dhuit

Mary

 

A poem from some time ago

NOLLAIG SHONA

Nobody will believe what happened last night!

Openings were not available at my Inn or anywhere else in town.

Late at night they came and she was ready to deliver her child.

\Landlord that I am, I offered the stable, warm and safe.

Angels started singing on high and waking up the shepherds.

Into the stable swarmed the local women, my wife at their head,

Giving advice and aid to the young couple.

\

Soon, the child was born and peace settled on to the tired family.

Humming softly, birds in the rafters sang the child to sleep.

Over the hills came the shepherds, summoned by the angels.

Never have I seen such a sight

A child born in a stable the center of so much love.












o

No comments: