Sunday, April 24, 2016

A lovely day

I started off early with Mass at 8:30AM.  It was gorgeous out.  in the upper 70s with a breeze.  Got kind of warm in the house (better get used to that) but the fans kept it comfortable.

I invited Bart and Barb over for dinner tonight.   I prepared Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes, carrots, salad and coconut cupcakes for dessert.    We had such a nice visit.   I love having company.  (Dick is rolling his eyes, though he did like it when family came.)

Think of me tomorrow at noon.   I will be reading the 1916 Irish Easter Rising Proclamation at the Post office on Gore in Lawton.   Have no idea if anybody will be there or not.   I spread the word to the few people I know.   I could not advertise, but did let the media know that I was doing it.

All the excitement will be over by 1PM.

Please pray for my friend Peggy Hurrie.  She has a macular bubble or hole in her eye.  She isis having a very serious treatment done on Tuesday and will have to keep her head down for up to two weeks.

As I said it was a lovely day.

Dia Dhuit

Mary  


No comments: