Thursday, April 28, 2016


Morning is damp with the residue of rain
The birds, myriads of them,
Sing and caw and coo as we walk the street
dreaming of sunshine.

Mary J. Kunert

Just to let you know that I am still writing.   Not as much as I should, but since I am starting to feel better and doing more.   I have not been able to locate a writers group in Lawton.   I am going to start a CWI group and don't want to start a writers group too.   Perhaps I will check with the college.   I can be an old lady among young writers.   After all, at my age, I am a "wise woman"   in the nicest sense of the word.

Jeff called today.  They are back from Hawaii where they spent time with Matt and Kaoru and the children.   I think they are glad to be home but sad to have to leave as the old Irish song says.

Did do some sewing.   Tried to find a store to get some fabric, but failed.   

The roofers came and checked my roof.   He said he fixed a couple of things but is I leak again to let them know.    I know that roofs are tricky.

I did find an oregano plant and some chive seeds while I was out and when I got home, I planted these.   I cannot believe that there are no chive plants available anywhere in Lawton.

Tomorrow will be busy starting with a chiropractor appointment.   I had a whole five days between the last one and tomorrow.  Dr. Toy says that I AM getting better.

Dia dhuit

Mary

 

No comments: