Sunday, June 29, 2014

Today was both wonderful and annoying

The day was wonderful because it was a sunshiny day and not too hot with a lovely breeze blowing.  AND I was out at St. Michael's Church in Parnell for Fr. Mike Shea's Golden Jubilee of his Ordination to holy priesthood.  

We celebrated a Mass under a tent in the parking lot of the church under the sky.  At least six of Fr. Mike's priest friends and classmates were there to cocelebrate with him.   There was a small choir, those left from the closing of Our Lady of the Angels where Fr. Mike actually grew up.  My cousins, his siblings, Kevin and Brigid were there, of course and lots of other cousins that I never met before.
And just people who know him and wanted to be there.    The meal was wonderful.  Choice of pork or chicken sandwich, beans, potato salad, coleslaw and appetizers.   They had beer, Bloody Marys and water and coke to drink.  I was stuffed.   Had a short visit with Fr. Mike.   He is going to see Mother next week.   I sat with Uncle Pat and Aunt Joan, they will bring him to Mother.  Aunt Kathleen was there too.   And my friend Peg Payne.  I loved the beauty of the day.

Then I got home.   When I went on line and checked my mail, I found that someone had hacked my Facebook.   If anybody gets a friend request from me and you are already my friend.  IGNORE IT.   It is some kind of a scam.    I changed my passwords on Facebook and on both of my email accounts so (I checked with Richard and Brenda) Everything should be OK, as long as people don't respond to that request.   EEEEEUUUUUUUUU.  I hate stuff like this.

So. I have done all I can do and have had all the fun I can think of so will head into tomorrow ready to roll.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary  

No comments: