Tuesday, July 01, 2014

July ALREADY

What a day.   Threatened at least twice with rain, but the clouds just passed on by.   It was rather muggy but I sat out on the deck this afternoon for about an hour reading and writing and it was just perfect.   A nice breeze moving the air around gently.   Boy were the birds ever happy.  Since I came in and have finished preparing and eating supper, it did rain a bit because the deck is all wet now.  Glad I went out when I did.

I spent most of the day just cooking and writing.   I made a rhubarb pie.   I had mixed up a pie crust a couple of weeks ago and used part of it so I HAD to use the rest or throw it away.   You know how I hate to throw things away.  

Fortunately, my friend Felicia came over so that we could get our last  payment to the Scotland Tour company sent off and I sent a couple of pieces home with her.  Now we are all set for the trip.   Just need to wait and pack and go.    I am so excited.

I took some venison out of the freezer today.   I marinated some of it in teriyaki sauce
for today and have enough left for one more meal  with the fried rice I had left.   Boy is it good.   Tomorrow, I will fix the rest of the meat in another way so I can add variety to my meals.

Roxie has a veterinarian checkup tomorrow at 8AM.   Good.   That will get me up and out of bed at a decent hour.   I do like to laze in these days.  Though it is getting better as my shoulder DOES seem a bit better.   I am crossing my fingers.

So. Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: