Thursday, July 03, 2014

I liked today.   I was able to stay home all day.   I did wake up with a headache and sore neck, but managed to control the pain by 10AM.  Had lots of people to talk to today.   I talked to my neighbor Kathy this morning.  She was going to the Farmers Market and picked up some fresh strawberries for me.  When she brought them we had a nice visit.   She lived in the Cross Creek Condos when we were there many years ago.   So our paths have crossed twice.   She belongs to one of the garden clubs who arrange the Garden Walk in Sheboygan.   She also quilts and belongs to the Sheboygan County Quilt Guild.  Surprisingly, we did not really know each other until she moved out here.

This evening at 4PM the Tallgrass residents met in the common ground for a gathering.   We have set this time 4PM on Thursday for a weekly meeting just to visit and enjoy during the summer months.
There were about 16 of us this week, we will keep spreading the word and hopefully it will bet bigger.   It is not intended as an obligation, just as an opportunity to get to know each other better.

It was fun tonight.  I brought some snacks tonight.   We seem to be alternating that quite well too.  Nobody seems obligated, but there is plenty for everybody.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July.   I am going to put my flag out in the morning. 

I am going through linens and that type of thing to see what I can cull from the collection.   Not  quite the right terminology, but it sounds good.   I have so very much STUFF in this house.  Need to get rid of some of it.

So until tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


I       

No comments: