Thursday, April 10, 2014

Whew

This was supposed to be my only quiet day of the week.   It got a bit goofy.  Actually the morning was pretty quiet.

I got up at about 7:30AM and spent the morning doing some wash, working in the kitchen and on some desk projects.   I even got the grips for my gun ordered.   I think I told you that I have right handed grips and I am now shooting left handed.   I know, I know, but I have to use my left hand because my right arm is still sore, and I have found out that I am after all this time I am left eye dominant.   So after calling various stores that sell guns and people that my friends at Rhine told me to call (Just tell Todd that Bill Olson sent you.) and getting no where.   I called the Browning factory and they are sending me some universal grips that should work.    I'll probably have them within a week and will replace them with someone who knows what they are doing watching me.

I had lunch with Kate.  It was her birthday, we went to Antoinette's.   I had a Margareta Pizza.   I just love them.   We had a lot to celebrate, with her birthday and all.   And a lot to talk about.  I had stopped at Generations before meeting Kate to pick up a letter from my little pen pal.  They couldn't find it so I said I'd come back.    So I finished all my other errands, Walgreens, and Fleet Farm and stopped back again.    Still couldn't find it so I will stop again tomorrow.    But.  as I walked out of the building I saw a lady who had walked out with a walker, lying in the parking lot.   I started towards her and she said she was OK.   So I just opened the door and yelled in that help was needed and hurried out to her.   Poor thing, she fell trying to pick up papers that she dropped.   She didn't hurt herself but was unable to get up without help.  I put my jacket under her head so that she didn't have to put her head on the blacktop. Help came and we called 911.    She was a real kick.   She said that she has fallen at least 50 times and knew that she was OK.   Anyway after the EMTS came and they got her in her car, I went home.    Don't worry.   Someone was driving her home.

Home again, I worked on the book for a while.   Bart called, he is going to help his Dad and Aunt Jacquie on Sunday.

I called Richard and Brenda tonight.   Just wanted to hear their voices and find out what they did for Brenda's birthday.   They always do such fun things.    I feel good tonight.    Tomorrow will also be busy but I think under control.

Dia Dhuit
Mary

No comments: