Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Such a wonderful day.   It was cold this morning but the sun finally came out and actually it was nice being outside for a bit.    Not too long but a bit.

I went grocery shopping this morning.  That went well, then I did some baking and tried to reach people.   It seems that everybody I needed to talk to I had to leave a message for.  But eventually, it all worked out.

This evening I went to St. Paul's Episcopal church here in Plymouth for a Seder Dinner.   My friends, Bob and Barbara Mac Ewen told me about it and made the reservation for me.   It was truly wonderful, fun, educational and a good meal.   Rabbi Noah Chertkoff led us in this festive meal celebration.  We went through the whole ceremony,   toasts and all, (though as he mentioned, when we took sips to toast, the participants usually slug down the whole glass and there are at least 5 toasts.)   Sipping was better for me.  It was a treat to learn the traditions and meanings behind things and to see how much the children are drawn into the Seder.

I will share at Bible Study on Monday.

So now it is time for bed for this lady.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: