Friday, April 04, 2014

Friday

It was COLD today.   We have had colder temps, but with the snow and dampness it felt terribly cold.   During the night a fast thunderstorm came through and it sure sounded like hail that was pounding on the roof.   Then, when I left the Dairy Queen at about 2PM it was snowing.   Not fair.   It was so wet that none of it stayed on the ground but none the less it was snow.

I got up at about 7AM this morning and started washing sheets and eventually towels.  Lori came to clean at 8AM and I needed to get the sheets done so that she could help make the bed.   Of course, I can.   But it is so much easier with two.   Besides, my arm is starting to hurt again.    I think I need to start the circle of health providers again.   Pooh.   

I went to the Dairy Queen to lunch with my friends at 12:30PM.   A nice visit.  There were five of us.   So we had a good time.    They make good grilled cheese sandwiches which are perfect for Lent.   Pray for my friend Marlene's husband Warren.   He is having health issues and needs it.   

I spend my spare time writing on St. David and on a bio for Mother to put on her door.   Dolores noticed that other residents have them and we think that Mom should too.

This evening, I went down to the Plymouth Arts Center for the opening of their new exhibit "Endangered Places, Historic Spaces" - Water's Edge Artists Painters for preservation.   The exhibit will be up until the end of May.    I love the openings.   Most of the artists try to get there for the opening.  I am acquainted with many of them now and it is really exciting to see their work.  I ran into Tim and Diane Ebenreiter too and think I have a place for a proper James Joyce, Bloomsday event.   Yee Haa.   Paul will be so happy.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day.   For me anyway.    I called Bobbie and invited her and Bill for Easter dinner.   They are leaving tomorrow to visit Leslie and Bill in Louisiana.    Leslie told her that it is nice and warm down there.   That will make it a super break for them.  

So,  A lovely day.   Roxie and I feel really good about it.    

Dia Dhuit

Mary

When Jack Daniels freezes, you know Hell has frozen over!

No comments: