Friday, February 21, 2014

What a day.   I have a new gal cleaning the house.  She seems very nice and very efficient so I am pleased.    Jody, who was cleaning both Mother's and my house, is still sick and I believe Bonnie said going to have heart surgery so probably won't be back.

Then I loaded stuff up and went to Mom's.   I got there at about 10:30AM.  Randy and Donna, Eileen and Dolores were there going through things as we are trying to get rid of all the junk and clean things up.    We got SO much done and Eileen, Dolores, Donna and I are going back on Sunday morning to do some more.

I brought some things that I had given to Mom and Dad home with me.    A Mrs Santa china doll, a nativity and Cadfael tapes.  I need nothing but some things just mean a lot to me.   The Mrs. Santa will be neat with all the other Santas that Dick gave me over the years.

Then I went to see Mom with a box of things that she had asked for.   She looked so beautiful.   Her hair was freshly curled and she just looked great.    We put the things that I had brought for her away, I filled out an address change request for her and we just visited for a while.   Then I went home with a stop at Mark Miller's to drop off a couple of things he needed for my taxes.

Home again, I couldn't find my wallet.   I called Meadow View to see if I had left it there.   No luck.  So I headed down to Mom's again.  Halfway there I realized that my key to the house is IN my wallet so I went to Randy and Donna's and sure enough my wallet was at Mom's.  They had texted me but I did not hear the phone do its texting noise.   Got to get used to that.   Anyway, I borrowed Randy's key, got my wallet, returned the key. and headed to Rhine Plymouth to shoot for pistol league.

The good thing about it all is that I got to see Randy's mounted bear head.    It is magnificent and looks so good over their gorgeous bar in their den. 

I am shooting left handed now and I found out that it is not surprising as I seem to be left eye dominant anyway.  I do need to get some left hand grips for the Browning.

So I am home, fed and tired.  Tomorrow will be a very quiet day.   I am home ALL day except for going to Mass at 4PM.  Roxie will be delighted.


Dia Dhuit

A small Haiku

Sunshine greeted us
Toying with our emotions
As the cold persists

No comments: