Saturday, December 28, 2013

A WARM Day

It almost got up to 60 degrees today.   Almost a heat wave.   Bart and I went out for breakfast this morning.   Barb and Marlise, her mom, had errands to run.    Barb always helps her mom on Saturday mornings.   Bart and I went to a restaurant called Jimmy's Egg.   I had sweet potato pancakes with bacon and an egg.    So good.   Bart had Eggs Benedict.    I wanted to go to breakfast with him because that was a tradition with us when he was in high school before he got his car.   We always enjoyed that time together.

We got home at about 10:30.    Jim and Michelle came down and got here shortly before noon.  We had a nice afternoon catching up.   Barb and I fixed a late lunch of steak, barbeque beef, salad and beans.   Then we had a wonderful cheesecake with fresh strawberries for dessert.   They had to leave about 4PM to be home before dark.     Jim has a bad back and knee and the ankle, we know.   Yesterday he slipped off a ladder trying to take Christmas down.   He twisted things so is very uncomfortable.

We are thinking of going to Ok City next Saturday and will hook up with Jim and Michelle at a huge flea market if we do.     Barb and I went to the store to pick up a couple things that I needed to make some bars that Bart wants me to bake.   Got home in time to get to Mass at 5: 30PM.    Fascinating Mass.   It was Bi Lingual.   Some parts were in English and some in Spanish and the sermon was translated.  Loved it.   Then at the end of Mass we had a couple celebrating their 50th Anniversary renew their vows.    I think this is a very active church.

So the day is over .   Tomorrow will be rather quiet, but I am planning on going to service with Bart and Barb tomorrow.

Time to wind down for sleep

Dia Dhuit
 Mary
 

No comments: