Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday

It is cold here.   Perhaps not as cold as other parts of the country.  The wind, which started during the night, sounded like a banshee howling around the house.

I slept a bit longer than I probably should have, but then I am on vacation.

The three of us went to Bart and Barb's church for sacrament service this morning.   I like their services.  They consist of testimonies, hymns, blessing and sharing of the sacrament and blessing.

Can't go wrong with any of that.    I noticed something this year that I did not notice last time.    They refer to God the Father as Father Almighty, not THE Father Almighty.    I like that.   He is not a "the" but our actual Father.

Bart and I came home after the service, Barb stayed for some other events.  We just hung around home.  I made lemon bars for Bart.    Later this week, I will make some mint brownies.   Special requests. 

Barb made a delicious taco soup for our supper. 

Talked to Todd this evening.   Jacquie is supposed to be going to a rehab center in Bullhead tomorrow.   She was very sick today though, unable to hold anything down.    We must keep on praying.

That is all the news I have.  Only two more days left in 2013.

Athbhliain faoi mhaise dhuit!

Mary

  


No comments: