Saturday, January 04, 2014

A rough Day :)

I hope that symbol means smile.   Bart, Barb and I drove to Midwest City, near Oklahoma City to meet Jim and Michelle for lunch and a journey to a Flea Market.   I guess it has been going on for 30 years or so.

We had lunch at a restaurant called Monterey Jacks.  I had enough food for dinner and supper.   Spinach enchiladas with rice and beans.   Nummy.   The flea market was big and interesting.   the "rough day comes from the fact that there were several puppies looking for homes.    One could hold them and I cuddled a black Labrador retriever pup.   Bart asked to hold him, and I said sure but the puppy just snuggled deeper under my chin and hung on.   I was only able to say no to him because what would I have done with him now.   Later, Bart was talking and petting another dog and when he said he couldn't have it, the puppy whimpered.    I thought Bart was going to melt into a puddle.   We are all such critter people.   But we did manage to make it out of the place unpuppied.   (Is that a word?)

So it was an altogether lovely day.  Quality time with two of my boys at the same time and with their wives who I love.It was in the mid fifties, so a good day for a flea market but as we were arriving back in Lawton, the temperature was dropping.   The wind is howling now which means a quick drastic drop is happening.     Barb said that now I know what the song from Oklahoma means.   "the wind goes sweeping ore the plains."

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: