Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

Cold again today and the roads were slushy and kind of slippery.    I spent the morning cleaning things up so that everything will be mostly in order when I am gone.

I went to Mother's at about 11:30AM with her lunch.    We had Gumbo and Risotto with pumpkin cupcakes for dessert.    I also brought her a tuna sandwich for her supper.     I took care of her current bills and then we had time to visit too.  Shirley Carpenter dropped in for a bit.   She is a good friend.  She brings communion to Mother almost every week.

I gave Mom her present too.   A nice bottle of wine.   She looked very pleased.

Then when she got sleepy, I came home again and wrapped  the rest of the presents and finish most of the packing.    Tomorrow I will finish the packing and clean the kitchen floor before I leave.   With this weather, it needs at least a rinsing.

I went to the 6PM Mass for Christmas.   I was a communion minister which is always so important to me.   I feel so close to God when I can share him.

The music was beautiful.   We had the folk choir singing and leading us.

Until tomorrow.   And let me wish you a Merry Christmas Eve.

Nollaig shona duit.

Mary

No comments: