Thursday, October 03, 2013

Thursday

Can't believe that it is October 3rd already.    One weed from tomorrow, I will be on my way to Chicago and beyond.  I feel like the Toy Story character Buzz Lightyear.   "To Infinity and Beyond!"

I am looking forward to the IBAM weekend and to traveling to see Les and Bill and then into even more new territory, New Orleans.   Wow.

Today was interesting.    I wrapped up the St. Ivo of Kermartin first draft chapter and pulled out St. Anne who I will be tackling next.    I picked her because this IS a busy month and I know that there is really not too much actual documentation historically for her so I will not be spending as much time with her.   Hope I find more that I think.   It always makes the chapter much more fun.

I met my friend, Paul Hanson, at the Bread and Bean for lunch.   He wants to combine with us next year to do a 24 hour reading of Ulysses on Bloomsday.   I know I probably won't get a lot of commitment from the Celtic Women, but I am sure that some of them would be willing to come to hear some of the day and would like having our name associated with it.  We had a good lunch and covered a lot of ground.   There is not too much we can do now until February or so as Paul is going to see if he can get College drama students and maybe even high school to participate in the readings.

I took a bit of a nap after I ran a couple of other errands as I had a slight headache again.   I am a concerned that they seem to be coming back, but it is not bad yet so I will ride it out for a while.

Then I decorated for Halloween.   I need to go and get a sugar pumpkin for the front porch.   It will look good until I cook it.   I am going to carve Jack O Lantern's out of rutabagas.   One for me and one for Mom -  in the Irish tradition.

So time to wind down for the evening.   I will be home all day tomorrow though I may go to the opening of the new exhibit at the Arts Center tomorrow night.    I get tired of being home all day and today I forgot to go to see if the Tall Grass People met.   Darn.

Oh  Well.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: