Wednesday, October 02, 2013

It is still summer.   Today was gorgeous and yet the early turning trees are dropping their leaves already.

I got my hair cut today.  Good thing.   Wait til you year this.   I was cutting a butternut squash to cook for my lunch when an accident happened.  I decided to use my butcher knife.  I lifted up and slammed it down on the squash, missing most of it and shaving off a bit of my thumb.  It bled like crazy but did not hurt too much.   I clamped it and though I had it stopped and covered but while I was getting my hair cut it started bleeding again.  Teri helped me bandage it properly.   I am going to leave it alone, covered with gloves when I get in water until it gets a chance to scab up.  

Teri is all excited about New Orleans and is figuring out if she can join me.  I have a room for two.   I am slowly but surely narrowing down what I want to do and timing everything.     There are MUSTS and hopefuls.   Perhaps there will be another trip, but with my bucket list as it is, that is a maybe.

I spent the afternoon finishing St. Erwan of Brittany.    I will be reviewing and editing each chapter after I am done with the 12.   Isn't it interesting that there were 12 Apostles, 12 Tribes of Israel and 12 patron saints of the Celtic Nations?

This gets more fun all the time.

Next is St. Anne.  She is also a patron saint of Brittany.

Tomorrow is again quiet except for lunch with a friend, Paul Hanson, who helped with Bloomsday and has great plans for next year.

So until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: