Friday, October 04, 2013

Friday

Today was a delightful day.    I woke up to rain.   Perhaps that is why it was to hard for me TO get up.  I finally staggered out of bed at about 7AM.  I showered and got all ready for the day before Jody arrived to clean at 8AM. 

She came just as the sky opened.   She made it in without getting too very wet.  By the time she left, however, that storm had passed.   At least my tomatoes got good and watered.  I have several on my plants,  one is actually getting ripe.   I will have to figure out what to do with green tomatoes before the frost comes.   I don't need any more jam.   I MUST try fried green tomatoes.

I am trying to prepare meals that will leave no fresh veggies and or fruits and no leftovers in the fridge.   I know a week seems like a long time, but I am only one person.   I think I will leave things in pretty good order.   If I get down to the end and have nothing left, I will go out to eat.   So there.

The Plymouth Arts Center had an opening of a show called Total Print.   A show featuring 24 Wisconsin printmakers.  They do their prints in so many beautiful media.   I was blown away.   I met several of the artists.   Wish I could add one to my collection but a bit over my mark and also WHERE WOULD I PUT IT.  I already have at least 8 pieces that I would love to find a place for.  I love going to the openings.   They are always well put on with so many wonderful artists.   They have a spread to nosh on, they have wine available.   I always find people that I know to talk to and I don't have to have somebody to go with.  Such a deal.   I met several of the artists.

 I also had a nice visit with my cousin Peter Ullrich.   We share grandmothers who were sisters.  His daughter is the keeper of their history and one day we will get together to share that.

So a good day.   I am truly blessed.

Dia Dhuit

Mary  




No comments: